Monday, December 27, 2010

rawknerd

The Quintessential _____ Album Is...
September 9, 2010 5:45 PM RSS feed for this thread Subscribe
Name a genre. Name its quintessential album. That's it.

I am a paramedic and I occasionally do long distance patient transfers in an ambulance. I'd like to ask my patients what their musical preferences are for the drive (and, of course, whether or not they care for music at all). But my iPod lacks many genres, so I'd like to fill it with a decent representative album from each. Help me help my patients!

Me

it took a long time to come up with it
10:44pmMe

the "jon's erotic massage mix" story has had a good deal of mileage round these parts

thank you for sharing
10:44pmJon

You're welcome.

I almost called you while I was in the store. Figured me telling the story would clear my name.
10:46pmMe

you coulda put me on w the tech
10:46pmJon

So you could tell him we shared a "moment"?
10:49pmMe

a special one

that inspired me to make a list of songs
10:51pmMe

tender songs
10:51pmJon

If he wasn't completely uncomfortable before....
10:52pmMe

yeah

i'm saying:

it's his job to stand there

why not craft a good storry for him?
10:53pmJon

He had plenty of fodder with the disc alone.
10:53pmMe

[when i initially typed that, i wrote it 3x as " a goo d story" even funnier]
10:53pmJon

ew.
10:54pmMe

theater of the mind, man
10:54pmJon

Go rent Gonzo: The Life and Work of HST. Just watched it.
10:54pmMe

did wee watch this at my place?
10:55pmJon

That was Breakfast with Hunter. This covers his whole career.

Well, most of it.
10:55pmMe

check this: thinking about my answers:

http://ask.metafilter.com/164640/The-Quintessential-Album-Is
10:56pmMe

have you read/seen the book GONZO

?
10:56pmJon

No I haven't.

The album thing is so subjective. Even the "genres" are questionable. How many different kinds of Metal can there really be?
10:57pmMe

i like how it's free form

like free jazz

but less irritating

might make for a blog post
10:58pmJon

Is there a football game on?
10:59pmMe

NO vs MINN

the 1st of the season

truth be told i'm pretty bored

listening to Abbey Road

instead
11:01pmJon

Ahhh. Was going to look for the game. Been poking around netflix.
11:01pmMe

nbc

it IS a good game

i just dont care

farve is a definite hall of famer
11:03pmJon

I haven't really paid attention for years.
11:04pmMe

well:

a bunch of guys in tight pants

"touching" one another

reggarding rules that make little sense to anyone

for 60 minutes

which translates to 4 hours

of commercials selling

trucks

boner drugs

and lipitor

= football
11:06pmJon

It's fun to

No comments: